Monday, April 18, 2011

My Fair Godmother; Review

My Fairy fair Godmother, written by Janette Rallison....

          Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience!
      
  After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother.
     Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight.

     WOW, just.....wow. What can I say but it was just ahh-mazing, truly was. Some moments made my heart flutter and want to come out of my chest with joy then there were parts I was practically sitting on the edge of my seat. Definitely a page turner.

I couldn't put it down, one minute I would look at the clock and the next it's almost midnight. I like to read sometimes before I go to bed, sometimes I just don't want the day to end. So I prolong it with books, books, and more BOOKS. 

The only problem I think I had with this book is that she only notice him once he supposedly got hot and sometimes I get ticked, for once I just wish he could be the geeky boy, next door. I like those kind, they put a smile on my face, I like when the underdog wins the girl. But other than that I loved it and it wants me to read more of this author, like the next one in the series, My Unfair Godmother and JustOne Wish (though that one isn't apart of the series, just another book written by her.)

He, Tristan, was nice in the beginning until he said that one thing, but it was funny. I did have haha moments and I like those. Loved the characters though at some points in the book I didn't like the tone of Savannah’s sister, however you grow to like her later in the book. It was a nice new take a fairy tales. It wasn't all the glits and glam we usually see, it's real and I liked that.      
Over all:

Characters: 4/5
Plot: 5/5
Made me want to read more of her stuff: Hell, Yeah! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment